About the Grant
The Office of the Provost is pleased to open the application cycle for the 2023-24 Teaching Advancement Grant (TAG). TAG aims to help NYU faculty members undertake projects that will enhance student learning and promote innovative teaching practice.
TAG works to increase classroom impact across NYU, and potentially other universities, by developing measurable, evidence-based, and effective classroom practices capable of improving student learning in a variety of contexts. Proposals that address this question from the influential Boyer 2030 Report on education in research universities are especially encouraged:
How will we ensure that our students—all of them, without exception—are educated using evidence-informed pedagogies in intentionally inclusive and empathy-based educational environments?
- Workshops and consultations before grant application due dates in order to scope and focus proposals.
- Life-of-grant partnerships with the Office of the Provost’s Learning Experience Design team (LED), which includes: the Learning Experience Design team’s instructional designers; referrals to SoTL experts; referrals to learning analytics experts; and support from multimedia creators where applicable.
- Eighteen-month grant cycle to allow for project development, periodically revised implementation, and post-grant dissemination.
- Opportunities for dissemination include NYU website, panels, and presentations (e.g. TeachTalks), partnerships with teaching networks and other external organizations (e.g. the Faculty Resource Network), academic conferences, and publication.
- Varying funding tiers to offer faculty flexibility in scope of projects that allow for wide-ranging benefits to students.
For detailed information about the submission process and proposal criteria, please review the guidelines for the TAG program below. Those interested can also attend our informational session on October 25th at 10am (please register here). Interested faculty may submit their project proposals by Friday, January 19th, 2024 via this Google Form. To schedule a consultation with an educational designer, or for any other TAG related inquiries, email us at email@example.com.
For more details about TAG, please visit the main Teaching Advancement Grant webpage on the NYU.edu website.